Friday, February 25, 2011

Software Engineering Musings

So I've started another blog! On software engineering thoughts (the other one is at www.harmonic-musings.blogspot.com; it has a somewhat different focus). I am a professional software engineer - a software architect, some call it.

Right now, I live in Munich, Germany, after a long time in Vienna, Austria, and a few years in San Jose, California. I did the full round of the "big OO languages" in my projects: C++ at the end of the '80s, some Smalltalk and then of course Java in the '90s and up to 2005, C# since then. File systems, DB2 and SQL Server are the persistence layers I learned to live with; and TopLink, my home-grown and then Hibernate and NHibernate the OR-Mappers to access them.

Along the way, I probably had every problem one can have and made every mistake one can make when designing and writing application frameworks for others. Some of them (the problems, the mistakes, and maybe also the frameworks) have accompanied me for a long time - so that I feel it makes sense to share them here. If - and when - I find answers or solutions to some of them, I might also share them.

Let's see!

No comments:

Post a Comment